Author(s): Anne Vize
Skills for Work is a series of four photocopiable teacher resource books to use with secondary school students who are thinking about leaving school and joining the workforce students in vocational courses young adults already at work but who have low literacy levels of literacy.
Each title deals with a comprehensive range of issues which young adults entering the world of work need to deal with, and includes:
- teacher led activities for use in the classroom
- case studies for discussion and research based activities
- photocopiable worksheets focusing on literacy activities related to various elements of daily life in the workplace
- checklists to help students monitor performance and progress
- sample documents, for example resume, phone records, application letter, email enquiry