The Secondary School Chinese textbook series is an accessible, clear, and comprehensive introduction to Mandarin Chinese. Students develop language skills progressively, while learning pinyin and character based approaches. Each level of the series includes a textbook with corresponding workbook, and answer book.
- Language explanations
- Reading and writing activities
- Listening activities
- Group work
- Ongoing revision and summaries
- Hints, tips and ‘Did you know’ boxes and cultural information
- Character and stroke diagrams and practice
Online access is included providing students with the opportunity to learn, practice and acquire language naturally and independently using student friendly and fun activities. Digital components include:
- eBooks for each student text and workbook
- Homework Zone with auto-marking quizzes to practice skills and language
- Kung Fu Kingdom with games to engage in language practice
- Sound Zone to provide listening activities
- What’s up in China with news
- Course structure and component information including vocab and character lists and summaries
- Teacher zone with additional support materials including a scheme of work.