Author(s): Lisa Carolyn; Probert Michael; Batstone Harriette; Spencer Lanzer
Expertly structured Student Book designed to help learners use language independently and to the best of their ability, with fresh and engaging content from the target language culture that they will want to study.
- A carefully designed programme of learning teaches the ‘building blocks’ of German grammar and vocabulary that give students the tools to manipulate language.
- Key concepts are taught in appropriate topics, revisited and recycled throughout the course to embed understanding and allow practice within different contexts.
- Content boosts motivation by encouraging students to “learn something new”. The book includes topics that are popular with students and teachers, transactional language and real life-contexts; all with links to the German culture.
- Some overlap in level of demand with the Higher tier book ensures Foundation students are not limited in their progress and can access Higher tier study, and helps you to gauge which tier is most suitable for each of your learners.
- ‘Startpunkt' units provide a smooth transition from KS3 learning
- Each unit and module is structured to allow gradual progression, ensuring all students can access some content from every section.
- A range of authentic materials and literary texts help students become familiar with them and build confidence in coping with unknown vocabulary.
- An equal focus on all four skills and the interplay between them helps reinforce grammar and vocabulary learning. Students encounter grammar in reading and listening activities, and put it into practice in speaking and writing, reinforced with translation activities.
- Exam preparation units are included for Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening.
- Revision forms the final module, supporting class-based revision for the new assessments.